Cavalry Pairs Competition 2019
Cavalry Pairs Competition 2019 – The Forge HCMR are hosting the Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment’s Annual Farriery Competition “Cavalry Black Pairs”.
The Household Cavalry Pairs Competition is to be held on the 23rd of February 2019.
This year will be the 20th anniversary of the competition and to honour this the two judges that have been asked to judge were the serving members of the forge that started it 20 years ago.
- Entrants must ensure that they write both their name and intended partner’s name.
- Vehicle details and return to address.
- This must be done soon as possible, if they wish to attend.
This competition attracts a large amount of interest and therefore will be run on a first come, first served, basis.
Pairs must consist of two registered farriers.
Venue for the Household Cavalry Pairs Competition:
The Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment
Hyde Park Barracks
London SW7 1SE
THE COMPETITION JUDGE: MR S NEWMAN FWCF
Farriers in each pair will shoe either the left or right side of a Cavalry Black. Shoes will be a plain stamp front and a plain stamped caulkin and wedge hind. The shoes are to be made to the judge’s specification and both shoes are to be toe clipped. The sections of metal available are 1 x ½ and 1 ¼ x 1/2. Each competitor must make and apply one shoe.
All successful in gaining a place in the competition, will be contacted by FLCoH Chris Murden-Wade at the earliest opportunity. A copy of the timetable displaying competitor’s times will be posted on the Forge and Farrier site closer to the competition date.
This year the competition will be hosted in the NCO’s Mess. This bar has great historical importance to the regiment. The mess will be open from 16:00 hrs till 22:00 hrs. The England v Wales’s rugby match is being shown on the projector within the mess. Expected kick off at 16:45 hrs.
Note – vehicles can not be left over night in camp so please make arrangements to remove before alcohol is consumed.
The minimum order of dress that is permitted in the NCO’s mess:
- Collared shirt or polo shirt
- Jeans or chinos
- Clean shoes NO trainers
Anyone that does not meet this dress code will be asked to leave the Mess. This has been directed down by the Regimental Corporal Major as the minimum requirement of dress.
TROPHIES AND PRIZES
The prize giving will take place in the NCO’s Mess at 17:30hrs at half time of the rugby.
Prizes will be awarded for first, second and third placed ‘pair’.
- A prize for the Best dressed foot.
- Best individual.
- Best Military pair.
JUDGE: Mr S Cox-Rusbridge
These rounds will be from gas fires and will be roaster shoes.
- As parking is limited pairs of competitors are requested to arrive in one vehicle.
- On arrival all competitors must book in.
- Passes will be issued for the vehicles and must be displayed at all times.
- Most importantly these passes must be returned at the end of the competition.
- London is a busy city, therefore please allow plenty of time to travel. Anyone requiring directions can contact the HCMR Forge on 0207 414 2548.
Entry fee of £70.00 per pair and £25 per apprentice. Payments are to be made by cheque and made payable to ‘CBA HCMR’
For any enquires please contact FLCoH Chris Murden-Wade on: 0207 414 2548 working hours